Position Scope: Pelagion is seeking a CNC Machinist that will be responsible for fabricating parts to specification from engineering drawings by performing own set-ups on all shop equipment using CNC Mills and Lathes, surface grinders, and general machine shop equipment.
As a CNC Machinist, the candidate will also be responsible for meeting production goals including machine utilization targets, performing inline inspection of all their work, fixture and tooling manufacturing where required. In addition, the candidate will be running secondary operations
such as deburring parts, cutting raw materials, and general machine shop assistance. The candidate will also aid in doing general shop maintenance, such as performing preventive maintenance on the equipment and cleaning of general departmental area.
Must have a minimum of 8yrs experience as a CNC Machinist
• Must pose an excellent safety and attendance record.
• Must have basic machinist tools
• Candidate must possess independent-thinking abilities, be proficient in general shop
math, and must be able to perform responsibilities with limited supervision
• Candidate must be a self-starter, dependable and able to complete tasks requested
accurately and on a timely manner
• Candidate must be able to adapt to a fast-paced team work environment
• Technical certification and/or equivalent work experience a must
• High School diploma or equivalent.